36 West 10th Street - Greenwich Village, New York
21' wide Anglo-Italianate townhouses erected in 1856 for James F. D. Lanier, a prominent NYC banker. From 1891 to 1901 Edward L. Godkin, founder and editor of The Nation and a leading reformer of the late Nineteenth Century, occupied the property.Currently configured as 4 units. This property is prime for conversion to single family. 36 W 10th Street maintains abundant original detail, including leaded glass windows, arched doorways, and original fireplaces, some with marble mantles. The more notable features include a grand stairwell, and a serene rear garden. Great light and space in the heart of Greenwich Village. DELIVERED VACANT.
This listing courtesy of Douglas Elliman